Annually, PTDM conducts continuous tutors training for three times, accumulatively 10 days a year. The training is aimed to enhance teaching quality of tutors who come from various background in ICT. The content of training is as below:
Tutors will be trained in the following basic pedagogical skills:
- Understanding, interpreting and translating curriculum into daily lesson plan.
- Planning and executing daily lesson plan.
- Testing and evaluation.
- Class room management and class control.
- Questioning technics.
- Anderson’s Taxonomy.
- Teaching strategy, approach and techniques.
Tutors will be provided the followings:
- Practical Training cum theory for better understanding and implementation of each topic.
- Impartment of up-to-date technologies and enrichment activities to be disseminated among the pupils.
- Training, guidance and tips on various aspect of hardware maintenance procedure to cater an environmentally friendly ICT Lab back in their schools.
- Step by step guidance on software installation and application.
Tutors will be exposed to the following skills:
- Soft skills such as leadership, initiative, productivity and social skills
- Money management
- Stress management
- Growth Mind set development
- Lifelong education
- Personal Health